Saturday, October 25, 2014

Addition then subtraction equals ?

The addition ... a brand (and I mean brand) new
ambulance for the health clinic. 
It's a SUV type vehicle and doesn't have any
equipment. It is for transporting to a bigger
hospital and despite the lack of equipment ...
it's really nice. Definitely a step in the right
direction of progress.

Now, the subtraction, that being the sports teacher
at the middle school. The one I mentioned about
talking crap too in my last blog post. It seems he
got transferred to another region. 
So now the teachers for the theatre group and 
the sports activities are gone. They were the 
base of my projects last year. 
I guess the cookie crumbles that way at times.
So, it's back out there looking for opportunities. 
Just the ebb and flow, that's this gig.

Thank goodness for the against teenage pregnancy
project. I went to a fellow volunteer's village and
we're going to introduce the project there. 
I am going to be assisting for the first time and 
will facilitate the project and my colleague can take
it from there.
We were supposed to have a session here today
but the school had a strike day and that made
it a bust. But we'll reschedule for as soon as we 
can work out a time. Hopefully this Thursday
or the Saturday that's coming up.

So ... the addition and subtraction equals to ???
Just another day in the life of a Peace Corps
Volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment