Sunday, October 26, 2014

Back to back posting

I am posting again within a mere 24 hours ...
more or less that is.

The reason is in the picture. Yup, my same old
bicycle but ... with a new Gucci look and feel
to it. I am actually excited about it.

Today is a lazy Sunday and I decided to ride
the bike to the nearest town I usually go to.
I was in need of some new tires seeing as I 
wore out the ones that were on there. 
So I went to a somewhat main bicycle supply
store in the market area. 
Asked for two new skins (tires) that fit my bike.
The kid comes out with these two big bum 
white walls. Kind of wanted them plain but with
only one option ... let's do it I thought. 
Another kid suggested the blue foam covers
you can see on the handle grips and brake 
levers. 
To top it off ... a new seat cover which was really
sorely needed (literally) and has some pinache
as you can see and also an orange strip in 
the back for visibility, was purchased.

Another really great part was I got a dollar USD
discount off each tire. Which is usually more
like a twofold increase due to being white and
assumed to be having more moolah than god.
So I was really kind of like ...giddy about that.

All toll ...

2 tires @ 7.00 ea. US money
1 seat cover = .90 again US
Foam grip covers = .60 cents of that ole USD

Total being 15.50 USD

Oh yeah, the tires are made here
in Burkina. Buying local helps
the economy. A good thing.

I am looking fly and also trying to figure out
how to drive with a gangster lean through 
the bush without hitting a tree, falling off 
or looking as bizaare as heck. Nothing 
obvious or practical as to how has come to mind.

So, not so big a deal as far as development
is concerned other than I can now cruise 
around in the bush of Africa looking like 
a pimp my ride recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment