Saturday, July 4, 2015

Less than 6 months

It has count down to below the 6 month remaining mark.
I am in the capital Ouagadougou for a few days and I've
caught up with a few of my stage (group) mates. We took
time to make a lot of conversation through a long lunch
and all agreed, it seemed like yesterday we were meeting
each other in Philadelphia before our departure for Burkina Faso.

I am here to do a little talk about the sex-ex against
teenage pregnancy activity to the new group who
are in their 3 month IST (in service training). There were
a lot of questions especially from the young ladies in the
new group. Hopefully they will attempt this project in
their respective villages. I have written about this activity
a bit in prior blog posts but I do feel very passionate about
it. These young school girls are basically out there on their
own and the knowledge that we can give may help them
prevent any problems that may terminate their chances to
complete school and follow their dreams.

It is the beginning of the rainy season, school has finished
and we are in the second week of Ramadan. So to be able
to find anyone with time or enthusiasm to do anything is
a bit of a task. So, the invitation to come here and share
was right on time. In site I am really just organizing my info to
be able to pass it along after I leave. But I have been making
connections for October when things will be rolling at full tilt.
At that time I will have about 6 working weeks left and so
I've warned my respective village colleagues that we will
get to it when the time comes. Normally it takes forever to
get it to move but when that time comes I will become a pest
if it is necessary.

Oh yeah, Happy 4th of July to everyone back home and I
hope that it is a good day for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment