Saturday, February 8, 2014

Can't get away from Rex

The picture you're looking is that of
the theatre troupe featuring Rex the 
dog. 
This was taken after the group's 
second practice. The kids are very
fortunate to have a teacher at their
school who studied theatre. He is
also volunteering his time and I am
feeling that this is going to work out
pretty good.
It is the first activity of it's kind at that
school and it is giving these kids a 
great opportunity to express themselves.
Always good to help develop teenagers
(I think).
As we took the picture Rex had to be part
of it. I've figured how to ditch him when
I'm traveling out of the village. Of course
it's without making a bizarre scene. I
start out on my bike in a direction. I see
if Rex is following. If he is, I turn around 
and come back. I take off again and if
Rex is following, I turn back again. I can
see that the dog is kind of like ... what's
up? Then I ride in and out of a few 
buildings and if I lose him then I take 
the nearest path and off I go. It's just 
that there is usually no less than 5 
people at any one time sitting there 
and watching this happen. I feel safe 
to say that they're probably amused.
Another good thing this week is that 
we're inching closer to having a girls
soccer team. There is a colleague of 
mine in a village about 6 or 7 miles 
from here and she's organizing a team
there. 
The plan is for the match to happen on
8th of March the International Women's
Day. The girls are in the range of 13 to 15
years old. It will be the first match for girls
soccer around here so 8 March sounds
like the right day to try it out.
The girls have never played soccer and 
they have about 3 weeks to learn. Should
be fun and both teams are on equal 
footing so it will be fair.
Again the school is lucky they have a 
new Physical Education teacher who is
motivated and open to almost any 
decent idea.
So far for myself, I'm lucky and my part
is to support in any way. It keeps me busy.
Other than that it's been weighing babies to see
if there is any malnutrition and this week
it's been good, no problems.
This has been a good week overall and now
it's time to end this post and head out to 
take a shower outside under the moon-
light. 
Kind of a nice way to finish the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment