Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In Ougadougou

I am up in the capital for another IST (in service training).
In this one we get work related information and tools
such as photo charts that we can use to discuss malnutrition.
We have been here since Sunday and so far it's been good.

Before leaving the village I had a chance to talk to the coach
of the girl's soccer team and he said that after winning the 
game last Saturday, that they are all jazzed up to practice.
It's a good thing to hear and hopefully they won't get 
discouraged when they lose. 

Burkina Faso consists of many ethnicities and one of them is the 
Fulani. When I was in Senegal I lived in a Fulani village for
2 and a half years. I must admit that I've forgotten a lot of the 
language but when I return, me and the village health relay 
that I work with at the one room school house village, will 
go to begin a health information program there.

The Fulani created a small village about 1 km outside of the
one room school house village. It is 100% Fulani and the 
one room school house village is of the Mossi ethnicity. There
are no actual problems between them but they are definitely 
very different. 

I am looking forward to that activity and it ought to be
a challenge, for sure.

A rumor I heard just before departing was that a soccer/track
field was going to be built at the school where the girls soccer
team and the theater group is. A construction type tractor was 
supposed to come in and level it off. I really have to see that 
one but if that does happen then they'll be a place to try and 
start a sprinting program. 

It really is just thinking and coming up with ideas for activities
during the next two weeks but I'll just make a list and see 
what will fly when I get back.

So from Ougadougou ... Wende na kod nindaare ... 'until next time'.

No comments:

Post a Comment