Saturday, March 15, 2014

Did I just mention ...

Something about bicycles in the blog post I posted
yesterday?
Today as part of our IST (in service training) we 
visited another volunteer's village. She was 
finishing a little project and her and the village 
put together quite a spectacle/feast.
It went on for over an hour and a half with five
cultural groups performing.
In the picture is one of the groups. It is actually 
the lead singer holding a bicycle in his teeth while
singing at the same time. 
Didn't expect that I'd be seeing anything like that
when I woke up this morning.
It kind of takes the luster off yesterday's blog post.
I'm just using the bike as it was designed ... to
get around. This guy is doing some imaginative
and strange things.
I just have to say this was a first. I mean another
first. One gets a lot of those in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment