Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Officially a volunteer

Today we finally accomplished
what we set out to do two and
half months ago ... and that is 
to become Peace Corps Volunteers.
We had a very nice ceremony
and we were sworn in by the 
Ambassador with a modest 
reception afterwards.
Tomorrow, we start heading out
to our sites and I will arrive at
mine a day later on Thursday.
Many of my new fellow volunteers
have been shopping for items
they will need for the next two
years or plus.
I will be following a volunteer who
just finished her tour, so I am 
holding off on buying anything
until arriving at site and looking
things over. If I have a need it will
give a good reason to get out of
the house and get visible and
start integrating.
But for now .. it is packing up,
relaxing and getting mentally 
prepared for the next step.
It is just a day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment