Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

So here it is Christmas eve 2013 and five
days into life in the new village. 
I would like to wish everybody back home
a very Merry Christmas and hope that 
it is a special day.
Unlike in the northeast of the USA where 
I come from, it is warm and with the 
Harmattan wind, it is comfortable ... but ...
no dreaming of a White Christmas here.
I just took the picture a few minutes ago
and it is about 1 in the afternoon and 
not a cloud in the sky. The kid in the 
back is one of my next door neighbors.
The one in front ... don't know.
It is also the holiday season and many
of the people that I'll be working with
are not around. 
Yesterday the pharmacist bought a 
rake so I've been spending a little 
time cleaning up the health clinic's
grounds. Just keeping busy until 
the 6th of January when they return
from their holiday.
What a difference a year makes. Last
xmas was cold, family and presents.
This year it is the family (villagers 5
days of knowing), heat and my new
dog friend called 'neuf' (number 9 in English).
I do miss the family but they are here
in my heart while the new family is
trying to get used to the first 
white person to live amongst them.
I will always remember where I was
on Christmas day 2013 ... a village
in Burkina Faso, Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment