Sunday, November 10, 2013

Looking out

Another Sunday and the end of
another week in our training
schedule. 
It is a day to catch up on things
like washing clothes and stuff
of that nature.
This morning I biked into the
training center about 5 km away.
I made my usual stop at this 
road side table where a guy 
sells coffee and bread. He 
speaks Moore ( the language
that I am learning ) so it is a 
chance to practice a bit. At this
point the language is limited but
between French and Moore ...
 it works.
I did some language studies 
and took the opportunity to
charge up my phone.
I took the picture upon returning
to the village. It is the view from
my back door.
Interesting thing about the 
house is that the roof is made
of dirt. They put big logs with
plastic and cover it with dirt.
They also put peanuts and corn
and so on on top to dry out. 
They just climb up on top as 
needed.
Other than that today is nothing
more than studying language,
posting to this blog and waiting
till about dusk to start hanging 
out and drink tea.
Tomorrow, beginning of another
week of training. They are going
by pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment